– Rinse vegetables. Cut cauliflowers and broccoli into florets, choy sum into a few centimeters chunks.
– Rinse dried squid, rehydrate, drain dry and cut them into strips like this.
– Rinse dried mushrooms, soak until soft. Discard tough stems. Squeeze excess water from mushrooms after rehydrated.
Cooking the sauce
– Heat oil in the clay pot (or in a pan) over medium heat, sauté chopped garlic and shallot until fragrant.
– Toss in squid and mushrooms, stir-fry until fragrant. Add in water, stir occasionally and bring it to a boil.
– Covered, turn to low heat and simmer until about 1/4 cup liquid remained. Add in oyster sauce, sugar, salt and mix well.
Stir-frying the vegetables
– As the sauce is about to reduce to 1/4 cup, heat two tablespoons of oil over high flame in a wok or large skillet, sauté ginger until fragrant, and toss in vegetables. While flipping them with a turner, sprinkle wine on side of wok and keep stir-frying for a while (add in one to two tablespoons of water can help soften the vegetables faster).
– Cover, turn to medium heat and let simmer for about a minute or until the vegetables are 80% to 90% done, sprinkle in salt and mix well.
– With the sauce, mushrooms, and squids heating in the clay pot, add in the just cooked vegetables. Thicken with corn starch paste.
Serve hot. Enjoy!